Neighbourhood Botanicals – Face Off
This 100% natural oil to milk 2-phase cleanser is your new staple for taking the day (or night) off.
Face Off combines a blend of plant oils and mild plant-derived emulsifiers that completely cleans your face but won’t alter the pH or strip it of moisture. With the benefits of raw oils but the ease and mildness of a milk cleanser, even waterproof mascara is easily removed without the petrochemicals, alcohol, or astringents in traditional cleansers and makeup removers.
Oil to milk cleansers are the most gentle and effective way to remove makeup and results in no pulling or dragging of the skin, especially the delicate eye area.
Oil cleansers are nothing new, but after the oil-free trend of the last decade, they’re enjoying a renaissance to become a modern skincare lovers ‘must-have’ product. Most oil to milk cleansers however are not natural formulations, using PEGs and sulphates as their emulsifiers. These petrochemicals are able to penetrate your skin’s barrier, and often come contaminated with heavy metals and other toxins. They can be harsh and drying and known to cause irritation in sensitive and dry skin.
Face Off doesn’t contain any nut oils and is fragrance free.
The fresh spa scent from its light essential oil blend which has aroma-therapeutic properties for calming, balancing, purifying and stimulating.
✔ Face Off is vegan, cruelty-free, UK made, and uses recyclable packaging.
✔ Ships from UK and takes 3 days to UK, and usually between 5-14 days to Europe.
- Marula Oil – from the fruit of the Marula tree. A super softening and skin-calming African beauty mainstay.
- Mango Butter – India’s King of Fruits is smooth, creamy and non-greasy, easily absorbed moisturiser to repair elasticity for all skin types.
- Avocado Oil – high in vitamin D, restores skin lustre and gives a nice lather and cleanse. Great for ageing skin.
- Calendula Oil – the macerated flowers of this traditionally medicinal plant soothe dryness, reduce inflammation and are naturally restorative to skin health.
- Castor Oil – used in beauty as far back as the Ancient Egyptians, and one of the world’s earliest commercial products. Castor Oil attracts dirt to itself and does not soak into the skin, washing away easily.
- Apricot Kernel Oil – A stable, gentle and softening oil, great for sensitive and dry skin.
Ingredients: Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, MIPA-Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Calendula officinalis Flower Extract, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Linalool, Limonene.
*naturally occuring compounds from the blends’ essential oils.
How to: To melt makeup and city grime to best effect, massage onto a dry face using dry hands.
Wash with warm water and the oil becomes milk and rinses clean, leaving a soft, calm complexion without any tightness.
You may also use a wash cloth for gentle exfoliation.